Saturday, May 10, 2008

Vacation with the girls!

For the first time in my life.....I was blessed to have been able to go on vacation with my Mom, my Aunt Debbie and my uncle Rudy's girlfriend Tia. And this was along......no kids. I missed them terribly, but it was so nice to have some down time. I was gone for 6 days. And I enjoyed every minute of it. And have now become a NASCAR fan. To Talledaga we went. This was ofcourse mine and my Aunt Debbie's first trip, Mom's 3rd and Tia's 2nd. My cousin Garwayne joined us and we had a blast with him. It was like having a personal body guard all weekend. He was incredible to have around. He and I had never gotten to visit before and we had some great conversations. He's a special man.

The first part of our trip we went looking for covered bridges. It was so fun. I had my GPS with us and my has a laptop with wireless internet. That was really cool investigating and find the roads and locations of these bridges. We came across 3 really neat places.

The first covered bridge we found had been relocated to the city party.

Mom (JoAnn) and Tia
Covered bridge #2. There was an old saw mill here that a family had converted into a restraurent. It was perfect timing for lunch and they were open. It was incredible good. We'll be going back next year.
My Mom is so beautiful. I love this picture. She's a special women and very dear to me.
The Old Mill Restraurent. Look it up if you are ever around Talledaga. It was incredible. One of those great little restraurents out in the middle of no where.


Bridge #3. If it hadn't of been for a sign on the road (which was a miracle). We would have completely missed this one. But it was so beautiful. Just down the stream from the bridge is an old flour mill...that does still operate. Both buildings were beautiful. There was a little water fall there beside the building. I got some pictures of the stream and water fall.


No comments: