Monday, February 11, 2008

Our time!

Me and my handsome man...
Bass Pro Shop....Darin's all time favorite place to shop.
Darin with one of the lodge buildings in the background.
The Kings River Lodge we stay in at the Wilderness Club on the Big Cedar grounds.
The view from our room early one morning...
Me....

After spending a week cooped up in the house with 4 sick kids. Thank goodness they began feeling better just in time for Darin and I to take some much needed time for ourselves. Grandma stepped in to the resue and took all 4 kids for the weekend. I had already planned a month ago for he and I to have "an alone time" weekend at Big Cedar Lodge. I was so afraid we would not be able to go because of the kids being sick. God was gracious and everyone begain to heal just in time. We could do this more often....but I have to pull teeth, hair, beg and bribe....whatever it takes...to get Darin to take some alone time for us. This all started when we booked my brother a free weekend at Big Cedar but he had to cancel and so I took advantage of that and kept the date for us. It was perfect timing because this weekend Darin is flying out to Guatemala for another mission trip. The kids and I will be home alone.....and considering it's been nearing 2 years since he and I went someplace alone......it was perfect. And the weekend ended up being just that. It was everything we could ever want. I was so happy....and Darin kept saying how happy, excited he was and he kept saying he was glad we came. It was one of the most magical weekends. It was difiantly worth the wait. Thanks Grandma Ann for helping us make it happen.

2 comments:

Mommy of Three said...

I came across your blog. Love the pics of the deers! It reminds me of my husband.

And good for you on the much needed trip. I feel so ready for one also and am trying to get my hubby to agree...we'll see.

It was nice to read about you - we have a lot in common.

God bless!

Jessica said...

The lodge is so pretty!