Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 1 of our beach vacation!

Hitting the road... All settled in for a long ride home...


My ankle....it's huge. I was carrying Malachi and Cambre out of the store from going to the restroom late Saturday night and didn't see the drop off because I was looking out at the truck where Darin and the boys were. I stepped down and wasn't ready...my ankle is still swollen a week and half later. Not this bad though. And just in case you're wondering....I saved the kids.We drove until 3 am Saturday night (or Sunday morning) until we decided to stop. We found a brand new Holiday Day Inn Express just before Jackson. It was super nice and only $80. We've spent more trying to find a place to stay last minute. I was super pleased with it. I'm so picky and have a thing about dirty hotels. So I'm always cringing waiting to see what we find and how clean it is. Here we're having free breakfast before we leave. Only 4/5 hours away.
Wake up Dalton!!
Cole in the car.....we're about to go over a huge bridge to get onto Dauphin Island. The ocean is here and we're all getting excited.

They've got their hands in the air on the way down the other side of the bridge. Our kids are so easly and can find fun in just about anything. Malachi had his up also....I just didn't get the camera turned around quick enough.

The ferry ride across Mobile Bay. We are almost there!Oh yeah!!....Sand!!
And the digging begins...this is what Darin does all week while on the beach...DIGS! He loves it!! It's the one week his hands are completely clean. Bury me Daddy!! Cole holding a sand crab's home.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

We rode the ferry from Ft. Morgan over to Dauphin Island. It is really seculded there. In fact, on my blog- the vacation post with all pictures, the last picture is the bride into Dauphin Island. I'm so glad you had a good time. : )

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like a great trip and a nice hotel stay too.I enjoy traveling too how have your accommodations been at other places? I remember staying in this one hotel that smelled like being downwind of a row of porta-potties, mixed with cigar smoke...it was disgusting! Have you ever had any bad experiences, OMG please share!

Check out this funny video, called "Ballad of a Traveler", it is hilarious. He totally sums up the travelers experience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2tgnUsj8NE>


YouTube - Ballad of a Traveler

I work with Hampton Inn, and I'd love to hear your horror stories! What's the worst experience you've ever had at a hotel? (I always get a kick outta this!)